547 Pembroke St.
"Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father." Col. 3:17
Ministering to Others in a Variety of Ways
Hillside offers many ministries that support our congregation, our community, and our our world. Hillside strives to minister to the entire family and encourages each one to seek a personal, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Children, Youth, Women, and Men The task of these ministries is to teach and engage in missions. These ministries support world and home missions through prayer and giving while providing opportunities for fellowship, discipleship, and outreach for each area of the family.
Hillside reaches out to the community, the state, and the world in the following ways:
- NH Church Starts Support from Hillside and other New Hampshire SBC churches help new churches get started
- World Missions Through the SBC Cooperative Program, Hillside contributes to missionary efforts to spread the gospel across the US and around the world. Hillside contributes particularly through the Lottie Moon Easter Offering and the Annie Armstrong Christmas Offering.
- Operation Christmas Child Between August and November, Hillside members bring in school supplies, toys, personal hygiene items, and candy so we can pack Christmas Shoe Boxes that will be distributed to needy children worldwide through Samaritan's Purse, a non-denominational, evangelical, Christian International Relief organization based in Boone, North Carolina.
Worship and Music
Music plays an important role in our worship service. We welcome new voices and instruments for our praise team.
- Adult Choir
- Children's Choir
- Praise Band
- Special solo music
Exploring God's Word is an integral part of our spiritual life. We offer discussion groups and study materials for every age group.
Bible Study takes place on Sunday mornings at 9:30 a.m. There are also weekly discussion series on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. and these run for several weeks at a time. Check the home page for information about the latest study series.
- Sunday Services Complimentary coffee contributes to an informal, relaxed Adult Sunday School. After the Worship Service, coffee and pastry are provided to encourage people linger, chat, and enjoy fellowship.
- Fellowship Dinners Held periodically after Worship Service, these occasions give us the opportunity to bring food to share and to enjoy each other's company.
- 30th Anniversary On September 7, 2014, we celebrated our 30th year of ministering to the community. Many thanks to our former and current members for making this day a blessing for all who attended. For details, see the Anniversary page.